Offsite Community Solar
Is Your Business a Good Candidate for Community Solar?
- Do you want to pay less for electricity?
- Are your employees, shareholders or others anxious for your organization to adopt renewable energy?
- Do you want to take advantage of solar electricity but don’t have the space or bandwidth to build your own installation?
- Are you looking for a sustainable energy solution that is good for your business and good for the environment?
- Do you feel unsure of what solar opportunities are available and how they can serve your multi-state or regional business?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions, you may be a good candidate for community solar.
What is Community Solar?
Community solar provides a group solution that allows individuals, businesses and other organizations to take advantage of renewable solar-powered electricity without the burden of installing an array of panels and equipment on their own property. You can participate, even if you lease your premises.
The solar array is constructed at an off-site location that is optimal for project size and sunshine, often unused farm land or a capped landfill. You purchase or subscribe to the community solar project for a defined portion of its power generation. The project’s solar electricity feeds into the power grid, and the grid delivers the power to your facilities. You share in the resulting renewable energy credits that reduce the price of the electricity generated, usually by 10% discount. Your share of credits is proportional to the size of your subscription or ownership.
We Are Your Community Solar Broker
If you are interested in expanding your energy portfolio to include solar power, our in-house experts will act your solar energy team. Cost Control Associates does not own or have formal alliances with any solar projects. You can trust us to act in your best interest. Our goal is to find the best opportunities that match your business objectives.
Cost Control Associates will:
- Identify sites that are planned, under construction or completed in the states where you conduct business
- Determine which sites have open subscriptions that meet your kilowatt needs
- Verify the regulations and policies for each state offering community solar options
- Research and vet the community solar projects that fit your business objectives
- Negotiate and review contracts to facilitate signing
- Arrange reliable renewable power for the right price, production rate and term length
- Ensure you save 10% over the public utility price
Cost Control Associates has been helping businesses and other organizations save money on energy costs for nearly 30 years. Schedule a free consultation to learn more about our Community Solar services.