Energy Procurement Services
Commercial energy procurement in deregulated markets is complex. Your organization may not have the in-house expertise needed to purchase electricity, natural gas and other fuel supplies at the best prices. To limit your risk exposure, you need an extensive understanding of market trends and regulatory complexities for each state and utility where you conduct business.
Cost Control Associates has saved millions of dollars in avoided costs for our commercial energy procurement clients, and we’d like to help you. When you outsource energy procurement to us, you can trust that you will get the best options for the right price. We help your organization evaluate and procure energy and other services such as waste removal and telecom. We work with you to understand your needs and find the provider options that best suit your objectives.
While we have established relationships with suppliers, we have no formal ties to them. You get our undivided attention, unbiased expertise and dedicated support as we craft a customized solution to help you manage the energy procurement process. We want to drive down your per-unit costs with a program that matches your risk profile. As part of our energy procurement services, we will:
- Evaluate deregulated opportunities by state and utility
- Compare utility rates against competitive supply offerings and the timing of auction markets
- Assess savings opportunities
- Perform due diligence on suppliers, pricing, terms and contract considerations
- Assist in the selection of suppliers, including negotiation and execution of energy agreements
- Provide ongoing contract management and identification of market opportunities
We can also help you develop a customized energy procurement plan for the long term. We help determine your procurement objectives, assess your risk profile, and quantify market risks and opportunities. The resulting plan will allow you to:
- Manage risks against established budgets
- Outline risk management strategies to lower prices for the short and long terms
- Hedge forward purchases on a predetermined basis to enhance budget certainty
- Combine fixed and index-based purchases to meet price targets
To learn more, please contact us.