Evaluate Utility Supplier Options
With Cost Control Associates’ energy procurement and sourcing services, we help evaluate and procure energy, waste removal, telecom or other services for your organization. We work with your business or organization to understand your needs and find the provider options that best suit your objectives.
ENERGY: Purchasing electricity, natural gas and other fuels in deregulated markets is complex. To limit your risk exposure, you must have an extensive understanding of market trends and regulatory complexities for each state and utility where you conduct business. (See Energy Supply below.).
TELECOM: Telecommunication and cellular services represent an ever-growing expense that changes as quickly as the technology supporting it. Our skilled analysts can sift through the options and weigh them against your needs to find the supplier that works best for your organization. (See Telecom Services & Equipment below.)
WASTE REMOVAL: Waste removal costs for trash, recyclables, hazardous and bio-medical waste continue to grow as regulations become more restrictive and recycling requirements change and grow. Cost Control Associates will review the provider options for your locations, make recommendations based on your needs and negotiate contracts. (See Waste Removal Services below.)
Trust that you are getting the best options for the right price. You can depend on Cost Control Associates’ energy procurement and sourcing services. When you don’t have the in-house expertise, expand your team by outsourcing our expertise. We have saved millions of dollars in avoided costs for our procurement clients, and we’d like to help you.
Cost Effective, Risk Averse
We craft a customized solution that will help you manage the energy procurement process to drive down per-unit costs with a program that matches your risk profile. While we have established relationships with suppliers, we have no formal ties to them, so you get our undivided attention and dedicated support. Our energy procurement services include:
- Evaluating deregulated opportunities by state and utility
- Comparing utility rates against competitive supply offerings and the timing of auction markets
- Assessing savings opportunities
- Performing due diligence on suppliers, pricing, terms and contract considerations
- Assisting in the selection of suppliers, including negotiation and execution of energy agreements
- Ongoing contract management and identification of market opportunities
We can also help you develop a customized energy procurement plan for the long term. We help determine your procurement objectives, assess your risk profile and quantify market risks and opportunities. The resulting plan will:
- Manage risks against established budgets
- Outline risk management strategies to lower prices for the short and long terms
- Hedge forward purchases on a predetermined basis to enhance budget certainty
- Combine fixed and index-based purchases to meet price targets
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit: Energy Procurement Services FAQ
Telecom Services & Equipment
Whether it’s for local and long distance services (voice and data) or internet, we help you gain the advantage over service providers. Cost Control Associates is the telecom cost management company with the technical knowledge and experience to clearly understand service differentials and pricing. Our expertise allows you to:
- Reduce costs
- Maximize supplier service
- Minimize financial risks
You want the best network equipment and services for the best price. We help you compare and evaluate your telecom options. We can also help you write a clear, concise RFP to get the services that will help your organization run smoothly.
Cellular Phones and Devices
The purchase of cellular services is unique due to the ever-changing technical knowledge required to understand service differentials and associated pricing structures. Major carriers may offer hundreds of rate plans at any point in time. We’ll help you choose the plans with the best fit.
Many organizations do not have the in-house time and expertise to maximize the cost-effectiveness of their cellular purchases. An experienced telecommunications expense management firm can help. Our goal is to reduce costs while maximizing supplier service and financial risks associated with the marketplace.
We ensure that your rate plans are optimized by determining if charges are correct and accurate. If we find errors, we obtain refunds for you. To optimize your ongoing telecommunications costs, we explore rate plan changes and consider elimination of unnecessary features, phones and devices.
Cost Control Associates will:
- Analyze usage data and costs
- Evaluate the numerous alternative rate plans offered by your current service provider and, if desired, alternate suppliers
- Select the most cost-effective cellular rate plans and calculate annual savings
- Recommend, implement and confirm rate changes
Waste Removal Services
Most U.S. businesses are located in an area where there is competitive market pricing for waste removal, but many businesses don’t realize they have a choice. The biggest waste management providers handle 65% of all U.S. waste, but you might get better pricing from a local hauler. Cost Control Associates’ experienced analysts work with you to understand the specific needs of each of your locations in order to procure waste removal services that work best for your overall organization.
- Evaluate your waste stream to determine pick-up needs for trash, recyclables, bio-waste, hazardous waste or other detritus.
- Look at current provider contracts and evaluate whether they meet your present and future needs
- Compare costs and services for local and national providers
- Assess current usage, dumpster and receptacles sizes and pick-up schedules
- Address additional needs and concerns specific to your organization
After presenting a list of recommendations, our team will implement those recommendations that have been approved by you.
To learn more, please contact us.